This is the fourth time our university (Bina Nusantara University) participated in the ACM ICPC World Finals, and my second (and therefore, last) world finals. This time, our team consist of myself, Timotius Sakti, and Kenny Hartono, along with Ms. Henny Suryaningsih as our coach. We were awarded a wildcard because we got the fourth place in Taipei site. Because in this year BiNus will also organize an ACM ICPC Asian Regional Contest in Jakarta, Mr. Sablin Yusuf and Ms. Yenlina Prasetio also came with us to Banff, to attend the Regional Contest Directors meeting as RCD and vice RCD.
This event for me is a very long and interesting story, since so many things happened along the way and as usual, the World Finals was an amazing event. The stories will be posted in a chronological order :
- Day 1 (April 5th) - Departure from Jakarta and Transit in Vancouver
- Day 2 (April 6th) - A Visit to Lake Louise and Registration
- Day 3 (April 7th) - IBM TechTrek and Excursion to Columbia Icefields
- Day 4 (April 8th) - Opening Ceremony, Practice Session, Gondola Ride, and Downtown Banff
- Day 5 (April 9th) - ACM ICPC World Finals, Awards, and Celebration
- Day 6 (April 10th) - Snow Storm in Calgary, Lost in Vancouver
- Day 7 (April 11th) - Tour of Downtown Vancouver
- Day 8 (April 12th) - Departure from Vancouver
- Day 9 (April 13th) - Transit in Seoul, arrival in Singapore
- Day 10 (April 14th) - Short Visit to Downtown Singapore, Return to Jakarta
During the 10 days, I took a few more than 2000 photos and we taped nearly 10 hours (10 miniDVs) of video. Photos attached to the stories are copyrighted and as usual, you may contact me if you need to reproduce (copy) or use it for other purposes.